Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Like Projects!

I like to create useful stuff! Well, most of it is useful... I have always liked to create new things in many ways. Draw, paint, write, sew, cut, paste, color, fold, bake, crochet, knit, etc. I like it all!

I have started many projects but haven't finished anything lately. I think i am going to start posting soem of the things i do just to have more motivation to finish. My sewing projects take a little longer than what i plan because i only hand sew, no sewing machine (yet). Today i started a shrug/nursing shirt. I am going to take an idea about a tshirt shrug and splice it with something else to make it more useful for me. Nursing shirts are way to expensive and most of them are WAY too low cut for my taste. So i will make my own!

Here is where i found the tutorial for how to make a cute, easy t-shirt shrug. This will be my starting point for my new nursing shirt... I will keep you updated on when it is finished and what other projects i do (there will be lots!)

But to give you an idea of what i have sewn already here is a picture of  a project from during my pregnancy (completed Oct. 30, 2009):

Jester outfit for hubby

I also did sewing type projects for Christmas projects: ornaments for all adults that i saw the day after christmas, coasters for my Nanny (dad's mom), purple ponchos for my female cousins, and nifty little airplanes for the boys... Hubby tested the airplanes before the boys got a hold of them. I wish i had pics of those too... i will have to ask my step mom and aunt to see.


Then I was the craftsman at his side.
I was filled with delight day after day,
rejoicing always in his presence,
rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind.
Proverbs 8:30-31



Anywho, more projects to come so keep watching... err..reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)