Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chores... but I love being a SAHM :)

So it is 11:30 pm and i am still up because the baby boy is still up... again. It's ok though because I'm not really tired anyway and he is content playing in his walker. My husband has already been in bed for a few hours because he had a long day at work and was exhausted by the time he got home... good news is today was his Friday so i have the next two days with him :)

I don't feel like I really did much today. I know that all the clean laundry is folded (except the load that is in the dryer right now) and I have three loads left to do. I know all the bills are caught up  but i still need to balance the checkbook (I'm bad at the sometimes) I have yet to do the dishes but don't really feel like starting them this late at night so they can wait till tomorrow. And I had to clean up after the dog this morning because he got sick in his room sometime between when hubby left for work and when i got up. Yup... that is about it... I have more chores to do still than what I already did. I tend to have less to do during hubby's days off because i want more time with him and load up my other days it didn't work that way today for some reason...

More than likely I will do most of them tomorrow while hubby is on the computer or something and he will probably help with some of it because he is a great guy like that :)

I really REALLY don't like to do chores, but i know that need to be done....

Through indolence the rafters sag,
and through slackness the house leaks.
Ecclesiastes 10:18 (NASB)

hmmm...

I started to write this post about chores and was about to rant about what i don't like and what I enjoy about chores... then Rock interrupted me... you see he gave me his cue that he had to poo :) then he did... right into the potty :)

So he interrupted and reminded me that I haven't really talked much about him or our family on this blog, so I will give a quick overview of my baby boy.

Rock was born April 2nd of this year measuring 8 lbs 13 1/2 oz and 21 inches. I had a completely natural birth and i really don't remember much of it. We went to the hospital at about 5 am that morning because i was trying to hold off as long as possible just in case it was false labor... it wasn't. At 9:30 I had a baby to hold.

Rock was/is exclusively breastfed... except now he ocassionally has some rice cereal with pumped milk (only like 4 times so far in a couple weeks).

I really want to cloth diaper him (i have won a couple now)... but he is still in disposables. He is partially ECing also. I had a run of almost two weeks with absolutely no poopy diapers to change because he always let me know beforehand so I could take him potty. He doesn't have a real clear cue as to when he needs to pee... but he will pee in the potty too if i take him when its time.

He loves to roll over, play with is toes, eat my fingers, and laugh. He also really loves playing with daddy (its enjoyable to watch).

Having a baby of my own is all a new experience for me. I have babysat so many different kids at varying ages, but it doesn't compare. So i love that i get to be home for my baby boy and take on the task of learning everything as he develops. It is so new, exciting and fun!

Well, Rock is starting to get hungry and ready for bed now (hopefully). I will post more on him and our family in other posts.


Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord,
my [firm, impenetrable] Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14(Amplified Bible)


I'm glad i didn't go into a rant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)