Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

We Fell In Love

I was thinking earlier today about how thankful I am for my husband and my son. In fact, I was specifically thinking about when we met and how things didn't quite go as anyone expected.

Hubby and I met one day when I went to a friends house to play video games. This friend happened to live at the same house as my husband.... therefore, I met my husband at his house :)

We were both dating someone else and had no intentions of ever being together (at least not at that point.) It was probably a year later before we actually started to get to know each other better. Hubby had started having ideas of becoming greater closer friends (or more) but I was dating someone else still. So he settled for just friends. But in the process of becoming friends more developed and my relationship with the guy I was dating faded.

There was only about a month between relationships for me.... then hubby and I only dated for a couple months before we knew we were going to be together as one. We had a lot of fun on dates and other activities. Such as: going to the YMCA before classes, getting lost in a nearby city together (I thought he knew where we were going), going for walks, hacky sack, painting, and volunteering at an afterschool program together. Oh, and I almost forgot.... playing video games :)


Many things have changed since then. We got married, I graduated from college, we moved from the town in which we met (and moved again, and again, and again), and had our son. I wouldn't change it, any of it, for the world.

So while thinking of all this I thought of a song: Two People Fell In Love by Brad Paisley... and then I took some pictures...



Sure, we have had some hard times and there are bound to be more. But we have One who knows what is next guiding us through. We wouldn't be where we are today without Him. (and Rock wouldn't be here at all) It may not have been our plan to be together or to have ended up here... but He knows better than us anyway :)

The LORD knows all human plans;
he knows that they are futile.
Psalm 94:11(NIV)

1 comment:

  1. What a great story! Those pictures are precious! It made me think of how a relationship with God is like you and your husband...the more you get to know Him the less anything else will do!

    Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think :)