Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Remembering Jennifer

Yesterday there was a funeral for a woman whom I once considered my aunt, Jennifer Shaffer. Jennifer was a mother of two, a loving wife, an older sister, a daughter, a teacher, and a wonderful Christian woman.

She was the sister of my former step dad (I still call their father grand daddy). They have continued to be a part of my life over the past several years though they were no longer actually related since my senior year when my mother got a divorce. I have continued to keep in touch through emails and planned on seeing granddaddy on the 26th of the month when I visit that area. I will more then likely still have dinner with him even after this difficult time.

My thoughts and prayers are with the entire family now and the many friends and students as we remember Jennifer. hough this time may be hard, it is not a depressing time for we know she was a Christian woman who loved the Lord and went home to be with Him.

Sing to him a new song;
play skillfully, and shout for joy
Psalm 33:3 (NIV)


This video was a news story after her car accident:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)