Pages

Sunday, August 08, 2010

He Before Me

When trying to figure out what I wanted to name my blog I had quite a bit of difficulty. And then there is the issue of the url for the blog. Now the url is permanent so I needed something that would always be true. So I finally landed on "He before Me"

Who is "He" and why do I place him before "me?"

He could easily be my husband. I seek to serve him and love him and submit to his authority but he is not the "He" to which I refer. He could also be my son. Little Rock is my baby boy and I put his needs before mine. I seek to give him all he needs and a little more with all my power, but he is also not the "He."
"He," as you probably already knew, is the One I call Lord. Our Father in heaven, the one true God! I will always strive to put "He before me." I am not perfect and am selfish at times, but at the beginning of each day I will start again. Regardless of my previous failures I will still try to put "He before me."

Now, as for the title of my blog: Rock Steady. I'm not sure I will keep it but for now it will do.

Rock Steady refers to not waivering in my faith and principles. The Thomas Jefferson quote says it pretty well "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."

And Rock is my baby boys' nickname/middle name. I will have a post later about how we came to the conclusion that it was to be his name, but for now i will leave you with this verse:

"The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
Psalm 18:2 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)