Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of the Year

Wow... it's New Years Eve... no more 2011 left... where did it go? It has not been a boring year, that's for sure.
This is the third city (two states) that we have lived in this year. We moved in March then in September, I do not want to move again anytime soon. Between March and August Rock became more social through library visits and going to the parks and I became more fit, by the same activities (1.5 mile walk to library and half mile more to city park). I tried to go across town about twice a week and there was a small park at our apartment complex for days we didn't walk. Hubby started back to college in August as a full time student and that is why we moved again. It was an hour to school for him, now the college is less than a mile away, so our family has been able to spend more time together when he isn't in class. He has really enjoyed the learning process this time around, I guess it is easier to want to learn when you aren't bogged down by work also (like he was at the previous schools). Rock and I started on his ABC's  in September, though the process of homeschooling has slowed quite a bit since the arrival of Rain. I'm sure I will get back into the swing of things soon (like sleeping and eating when I should). The biggest change this year was adding the fourth member to our family :) So moving, Rock becoming toddlerized, school for both hubby and Rock, and Rain coming into the world... I guess that is were the year has gone. Also...

I came to the realization that I have a one month old (as of yesterday) and a twentyone month old (in a couple days). They are growing so fast! Last time I blogged about my family lil Rain had just arrived. now he is not so little anymore... ok so he was never really little, at least not since he left the womb. I was thinking late last night that if my babies keep getting bigger I don't know what I am going to do. Then I thought if I have a little six pound baby i won't really know what to do either. My brother in laws youngest daughter (one day older than Rain) and my sisters daughter (now 4) were both only 6 pounds and that is so tiny compared to my boys. I thought the deliveries went quick pushing out big boys I couldn't imagine having a tiny babe. Anywho, just some random thoughts I had.

Oh, the hats in the pic above were made by me :) I was a pattern tester for  Tricity Hokes Sock Monkey hat.I didn't add all the options and am still a fairly new crocheter compared to most but i think they are cute! And I was able to make both just in time for Christmas.

We had a laid back quiet Christmas this year. Just our family of four, a good Christmas dinner, and a birthday cake for Jesus. The only presents the boys received were the hats and some gifts from family. Hubby and I also didn't exchange presents, except I made him a hat too. (no monkey on his though) We don't want to Christmas about "getting" so we try to tone down the presents they receive. Rock and I created a nativity out of recycled toilet paper tubes, a pop tarts box, and one piece of paper with figures I drew for him to color:
Nativity Coloring Figures

Recycled Nativity Scene
Rock played with his nativity again yesterday so I was very glad that we made it. On the pop tart box I drew 4 different scenes (for each side) to help tell the story. One side had the door to the inn with a 'no vacancy sign'. Another an open field for the shepherd which was continued to the next side to show Bethlehem in the distance with a star above the stable. And the final side, shown above, is of course, the stable. Rock's attention span didn't last for the whole story after creation of hte project but i let him play with it while I at least told the story (without props). He may not of understood yet but I still wanted to introduce the real Christmas story. I hope we can make it a family tradition to sit down and retell the Christmas story in a way the children can interact: like the nativity scene we did this year, a play, having them illustrate it, the possibilities are endless.

I guess now that this year is ending I need to set my goals for the coming year (no, not new years resolutions, just plain, old goals). One main one is to get back into teaching Rock and develop something for Rain as well. I also would like to craft more, I keep saying it but need to just do it.

Hubby and I have prayed in the New Year the past couple years since we got married and plan on doing it again this year. I hope you have had a good 2011 and that you and your families have a blessed new year!

“This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”
Isaiah 43:16, 18, 19 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my what a busy year you've had! I hate moving and I hope you will be able to stay where you are for awhile.
    Your boys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think :)